St. John’s Cemetery and Columbarium :
A Community Burial Ground Since 1839
Located in the heart of Halifax Regional Municipality on the Halifax peninsula, our Columbarium and Cemetery caress a hill overlooking the Bedford Basin and are surprisingly tranquil and quiet in the midst of the busyness of city life.
St. John’s Cemetery is one of seven cemeteries on peninsular Halifax and one of only two that are open to the burial of persons of all faiths. Although the cemetery is owned and operated by the Parish of St. John's Anglican Church, Halifax, people expressing a faith in God, regardless of creed or ethnic background, are welcome to purchase burial lot and niche conveyances within our Cemetery and Columbarium.
We take pride in the care and maintenance of our Cemetery and Columbarium. Surviving family members and neighbours attest to our diligent care and beautiful grounds. A year-around staff maintains the grounds and interments are possible 362 days of the year.
Our Columbarium, completed in 1994 and built on the site of the original parish church, is one of only two columbariums of such style in the metro area and the only one that offers open access 12 hours per day 365 days of the year.
Within the pages of this website, you will find pertinent information regarding our Cemetery and Columbarium including contact information, availability of lots and niches, pricing, and past burial records.